Thursday, November 19, 2009

Birth Photography

Here are just a few after baby was born (first three) then a few of her at one week! I hope to be able to showcase future births in the form of a slide show, but for now, I will be discreet in showing just a few!


8 lbs. 13 oz. 21" long!








I had the great pleasure and honor of being asked to photograph a birth for the first time on November 8th....AMAZING! I am truly amazed at how God designed our bodies and humbled that he allows us to be so intimately apart of His creation, what an honor! My new friend and client has had me photograph her a few times now and I LOVE being able to document this journey in her life! I met her through my sister-in-law....thank you Tricia! I first photographed this beautiful mama at her home during a private session to try my hand at some nearly nude pregnancy shots and I was very happy with them. Unfortunately, I had to use flash and I am learning the difference in flash versus natural light--most of my work is on location using natural (outdoor) light--but this was a great learning experience for me. My next session with her included her husband and we tried to focus on them as a couple along with capturing her pregnancy....we did this just 3 weeks before she had her baby! I explained to this couple that I was longing to get into birth photography but really didn't know what to expect or what I could guarantee and explained to them what I hoped to capture. I also explained that I knew how important this experience would be and that I would be completely willing to help them find a more experienced photographer to document the birth but they told me that they had a "good feeling" and trusted me! WOW! I was totally humbled and honored----yes I know I have used these words over and over, I am really at a loss for words to describe all of this! Sooooo, the day came....her water broke and 26 1/2 hours later...little miss Myah was born after 3 hours of pushing! Poor mama! It was INCREDIBLE!!!! As painful as this was for this mama, it inspired me to go through childbirth again.....good thing that Kenny had a vasectomy or I may have STRONGLY persuaded him into it! Hahaha...really, I have no regrets with our decision, it was just very empowering to witness childbirth! This all took place at the Nurse Midwives of Indianapolis--www.indianabirthcenters.com/indy01.html--I really liked it there! This has been just the start of a friendship and series of photo sessions with this family...I photographed newborn Myah this past weekend (indoors with Flash) and will be back for her one month photo! She is absolutely gorgeous, just like her beautiful mom and she is welcomed by Mom and Dad and her three big brothers and sister! Thank You for "M" Family for getting me hooked on my new addiction! God Bless you all!










No comments: