Saturday, August 23, 2008

Wisconsin Hiking Adventure

So...my friend Olivia invited me up to Minnesota to take pictures of the fam and my radiant pregnant belly--ha, and I couldn't refuse! We only see each other every five years since I moved away the summer after 9th grade and our friendship has grown so deeply despite the distance! How could I refuse her offer....I don't mind road trips and Kenny was game (he despises road trips!) and you have seen my banner of pics that Olivia took so naturally I jumped at the chance! Now I know that I have some friends and family that live really close to where we were and I truly do apologize that I couldn't squeeze in any other visits...really I am, I hope you all will forgive me and be understanding that time was limited along with the fact that I was trying to be considerate towards my gracious husbands personal sacrifice with the whole trip and the fact that I was there at my friends request. Now that we have this minivan and seeing just how comfortable traveling was I hope to take some more trips up north in the future!
As I planned the trip that we took the weekend of August 1st(almost 4 weeks ago) I found a place called Devil's Lake State Park in Baraboo, WI just south of the Dells and thought that it would be a great hiking stop for us---we have been trying to hike every weekend here in Indiana. Well it turned out to be the best hike thus far not to mention the most rugged also and with me being 36 weeks pregnant it was a bit of a challenge but it felt great to share that experience with Kenny and the boys. It was simply amazing to be up so high that as we looked over the cliffs we were able to look down and watch the vultures flying! Benjamin absolutely had a blast and ventured up rock formations and wanted his picture taken every 3 minutes! Elijah enjoyed his usual travel in the backpack--which Kenny straps another pack onto in order to carry our waters and Ben carries his backpack full of snacks and his own water. Kenny and Ben hope to take longer backpacking trips in the future that would involve full packs and camping and more hiking. Kenny hopes that I will join in on this too once the baby is big enough! We will see...most likely I will...I'm always up for a little adventure!

No comments: