Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor---details

FINALLY--I get a chance to get on here and blog!!! Life is a little busy these days and I just can't believe how fast time flies! Some of you have asked how labor went and I've really been wanting to blog it anyway so here I go. For those of you who know me realize just how much of a pain baby I can be so I went into this pregnancy dreading the labor to come! When I found out that I was getting induce 6 days early I was excited and nervous because I had decide to try to do this without the epidural because our insurance doesn't cover the $500+ that it would cost us. I told only 2 or 3 people this plan and had it in the back of my head that most likely I wouldn't make it. So they started pitocin--sp? at 11:30 and at 3:30 my doctor came in and checked me and decided to break my water (I was 3 cm). By 4:30 pm I was asking for an epidural! So the nurse came in and checked me saying I was at 4 maybe 5 and that she would get the anesthesiologist soon. He came in about ten minutes later and took about ten minutes to get everything in place and by 5:04 I was ready to be numb....fat chance at that! My left side was starting to get tingly but my right side was screaming in pain! I kept telling my nurse that I could feel everything on the right so she kept tilting me to that side to allow the medication to gravitate to that side and do it's magic! Again...FAT CHANCE! The nurse showed me the epidural pump and pushed the button saying that in 15 minutes she wanted me to push it again in order to control the pain---I quickly looked at the clock, 5:13. Next contraction hit and I started crying because the side laying position wasn't helping yet and I was scared because I could feel his head crowing and I tried to keep my legs closed, LOL, and I grabbed the nurses arm in a panic telling her that it still hurts and that I wasn't joking (obviously-haha) and that something was happening. She checked me and next thing I hear is Kenny saying excitedly, "You're at ten, Nichole!" What the crap...no way was I ready to push this baby out in all this pain after deciding to get the $500+ shot that wasn't helping yet! The nurse told me to roll over to my back at which time I really started to cry saying, "I can't do this with all this pain...not yet" but I remember hearing Kenny say, "you're doing it!"; I reached down and felt his head to my surprise, exclaiming, "his head, his head" and both Kenny and the doctor nodded there heads in agreement (thinking back they almost looked like bobble heads grinning a Duh! look-ha). Dr. Huey told me to give him a big push and he was out! Oddly enough that part wasn't painful at all, in fact it was just as my sister and others have told me but I couldn't understand them! It was just awesome that it happened so fast and he is so beautiful! He looks like a perfect combination of Ben and Elijah and I couldn't ask for anything more than that because I think I have the most handsome little boys...sorry to the rest of you who think the same of your own boys but I stand firm in my belief! Hehe!

No comments: