Monday, September 29, 2008

A shout out to my BFF

(these pics come from Olivia's blog--our husbands shot them)


these are the contents of my care package:


I just hafta share how much I adore my BFF Olivia! She has always been so thoughtful and kind even though I haven't always deserved her kindness or friendship for that matter! I use to torment her in school (we went to school together in Minnesota grades 4-9). At lunchtime I always managed to put my food on her in some fashion or another...usually it was celery dipped in peanut butter and then I would stick it to her face! I don't know why I did this exacltly...she was passive and I was aggressive....until one time she had enough! We were walking to throw away our food trays and she hadn't eaten her food and I had done something awful like usual so on the way to the trash she threw her tray of food onto me and I just stood therein front of everyone, shocked and then busted out laughing which ticked her off even more! haha..it was funny but I really was relentless with her...now I torment my children. I just can't believe that she has stayed friends with me all these years...I'm so glad too, our friendship has grown tremendously over the years and distance..we've even managed to get in a few visits. Just a couple days after I had Ezra I received this care package from Olivia and it contained a baby towel, baby booties, a chocolate bar for me (I couldn't eat any chocolate my last half of pregnancy) Starbucks chocolate for Kenny, a stuffed monkey and the movie Dan in Real Life (I watched it three times in one week and laughed hystericallyeach time). I almost started to cry...she is so thoughtful! Everything was so perfect, I really don't deserve her friendship.
Olivia...I love ya girl and I'm so glad God placed you in my life, I truly am blessed by your friendship. Thank you for putting up with all my ridiculousness, I'm so sorry that I was so ruthless.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Haha, Dan in real life...
We watched it a while back and after the first five minutes Dwight turned to me and said "3 girls!? is this some kind of horror movie?!"
He's afraid he will only get girls...Guess you don't really get to pick ;)
We need to get together soon, I haven't seen you in way too long!