Saturday, July 18, 2009

rekindled love.....

I find myself addicted to listening to audio books once again....I use to do this a lot when I was single. I listened to Frank Peretti fiction books based on spiritaul warfare, books that became films like The Princess Bride, a few of the Left Behind books and now I am doing it again. I recently went to the library and decided to sign up for the book club realizing this included the audio books.....ah, I missed listening to them! So I looked up one of my favorite authors but none were in by Judy Blume so I searched for my new favorite book that I read a few months ago, The Shack by William P. Young....nope, sigh. determined to not give up, i decided to look for a book that i have read twice before, Deadline by Randy Alcorn---I love his books, I have read two-Deadline and the sequel, Dominion. Yay! I found a new one that he wrote....oh wait, jackpot, it's a third one in the series....I couldn't wait to see what was new with Jake, Carly, Clarence and Ollie..... :) What was even more exciting was that Benjamin got really involved in listening so much that we found ourselves waiting in the driveway listening till the end of a chapter a few times. Good book, good series. I'm currently listening to Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks in the van and Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult in the house. Ben is listening to the Chronicles of Narnia in his bedroom. I must force myself to stop listening now as it is 1:12 am and I will be getting up with Kenny at 6am, UGH!

1 comment:

Olivia said...

There is supposedly a great series that Andy's dad is always trying to get us to listen to. I'll get the name and let you know. It seems like it would be up your alley.