Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Special Quilts

My Grandmother is the best Quilter...she puts so much thought into the person she is making her quilts for. She has given each of my boys a quilt shortly after they were born and each is unique and so special to me, I hope they feel the same as they get older.
Benjamin's has been used by all three, it has that extra soft, broken in feeling. I really need to stop using it and put it away to protect it...I used it for Ezra recently by laying it down for him to have some belly time at bible study and he got a hold of a "empty" chocolate milk container that ended up leaking on the blanket. Thankfully, I was able to remove the stain with some oxy clean!
Grandma actually hand-quilted this one, I love that. The colors are classic too....so sweet!

I also love this personal label she adds to each one.






Elijah's quilt is a cute, simple yet playful choo choo train quilt. For the longest time he refused to sleep with anything other than this quilt and a handmade stuffed kitty from the neighbor that we call Grandma Hazel...I will have to share that story with a picture another time!
She made this one special by hand appliqueing the train border.....LOVE it!



























Ezra's quilt is similar to Ben's in that it is a sailboat design but it has SUPER CUTE detailing with the quilting...can you see the whales and waves? OH MY GOODNESS...I LOVE LOVE LOVE it......I Love my Grandmother's attention to detail, she's the best!











































1 comment:

Kris said...

Love the quilts. I would like to make a really nice quilt like that one of these days...but the baby ones are just so quick and fun!
As for the teeth...Leah has been working on tooth #6 since december! Hers are in no hurry :P