Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring Has Sprung!

I am so excited to see that so many of my plants are coming up...spring is definitely here and we have had such glorious weather the past couple of weeks...I really hope it is here to stay (we do have one day coming up with threats of snow flurries but it's just one day!) My flower beds are a terrible mess since I neglected them last year and the dogs did a number on the full-sun bed in the back yard....and now the front beds are going to get torn up with Kenny's plans of adding a front porch soon. I guess I will praise them now since I'm sure I will be cursing them while rearranging it all later. LOL!
A friend had loaned me some filters to use on my camera so I thought I would try my hand at them....I'm not sure what I am doing with my camera most of the time so playing around with filters was almost pointless but I had fun anyway. I did see some differences but I didn't record which were taken with which filter...next time!

I love all Daffodils but I especially love these Tete Tete
my beloved vinca minor ground cover....it covers a multitude of garden sins!

the fairy garden keeper....Kenny doesn't really like it but it is cute my only garden sculpture
one of my favorites...Bleeding Heart, the white one is a little behind and my Ruffled Bleeding heart didn't make it :(
yay! My tulips are going to make it...I planted them last year from a pre-blooming plants!

my Common Lilac bush given as a gift from my neighbor...Grandma Hazel(nut)

this was here when we moved in and I have never look it up, some kind of hyacinth?

this little bubble bee made his way into the picture...total accident but it makes me smile :)


so then I tried to capture him....see him on the periwinkle bloom?

again, trying to be a photographer....I had a much better accident shot of him! hahaha












1 comment:

Kris said...

I am so excited about my plants coming up too! I got a few batches of perrineals from Michigan Bulb the last few years, and they are finally starting to 'come into it'. It is amazing how fast they can grow!
Every year I have added a little more to it, so every year it is a surprise to see what comes back :)
(and when it dosen't, I can go shopping again, for free :) )