Friday, January 30, 2009

Snow Storm Wrap Up












Snow, snow, snow....and more snow, which also meant no school! I really wish I was one of those moms that enjoyed all the extra time with my kid due to school being canceled, but I just realized I am not...which maybe makes me a jerk of a mother but I truly need that little bit of a break during the day. One day is awesome...even two I can handle and have fun with it but FOUR...Ugh!
So we had a big snow storm here in Indiana (Jan 26-28)....the Indy news said it was the 6th largest snow storm in Indianapolis history resulting in 12.5"...in Columbus we got 10 inches. It has been 13 years since Indianapolis has had this much snowfall in one storm (12.8"). Funny, being from Minnesota this is a walk in the park.....try that off and on for like 6 months with wind chills around -20 or worse....no thanks! We did get a chance to play outside the first two days. Kenny took the older two sledding at Clifty Creek Elementary the first night, they had a blast...wish I could have been there, maybe next year. The first day it snowed, I bundled the boys up and we went outside so they could make snow angels and burn off some crazy boy energy, afterwards we came in and as the boys stripped off they're wet clothes in the garage, I gathered them up to throw in the dryer. When I finished and turned around to walk in the house I was caught off guard to see Benjamin completely nude with large red blotches all over his naked body...gasping, I asked him why he was naked and he said it was because his clothes were wet! LOL, I wasn't expecting that..haha, I have been trying to tell him that although I am his mother that I would like to only see him naked if it is for medical reasons....haha, it did make me laugh though!





No comments: