Friday, January 30, 2009

Veggie filled snacks...


I LOVE my new cookbook, Deceptively Delicious, by Jessica Seinfeld. This is the second time I have made these Brownies (filled with spinach & carrots) and these Applesauce Muffins (with butternut squash, flax meal, wheat flour, and applesauce, of course!). The boys like them, not so much Kenny. Ben knows what's in them and is actually excited when I make them now, probably cuz he knows I don't feel guilty letting them have a couple since they are a healthier version! Yesterday he said, "Mom, these don't have much sugar in them, huh? That's good though because sugar is bad for you and these taste weird at first but then you get used to them. I really like those brownies!" I'm glad he is willing to try new things...he usually finds out that he like it! Elijah ate most of one then stopped and said, "I no like mommy!" LOL

1 comment:

Kris said...

My sister got this for Dwight...with ME in mind. She even crossed out 'kids' on the cover and wrote in 'wife'.
hah. very funny.
I had trouble eating the avacado chocolate pudding...since i knew what was in it.